What Are the Computer Hardware Business Trends in India
If you are thinking of starting a computer hardware business in India, it is a favorable time to do so. Computer and other hardware components have become common items in households, at offices and commercial places as well. The computer hardware manufacturers are enjoying success in all segments of the industry.
Apart from computer manufacturing and computer hardware selling businesses, a third type of computer related business is that of computer repair services. Many users in the country, who are quite new to the use of computer hardware, end up misusing various hardware components. So, expert hardware professionals are required in large number in all cities to provide hardware repair services.
The first requirement to start a computer hardware business in India is to be computer educated. You must have familiarity with different hardware components so that you can purchase quality parts for your customers and also offer hardware repair and replacement services as and when required. Besides, it is important to learn about the ongoing trends of the hardware industry in the country.
As per the reports, the total sales of the personal computers increased by 42 percent between October and December 2009 as compared to the same period during the previous fiscal year. In terms of actual sales, over 2 million units of personal computers were sold all over the country. This figure and the corresponding increase in the growth percentage indicate that the computer hardware industry in the country has come out of the depression period in a praiseworthy manner.
Talking about the portable computers, the popular netbook brands were able to record a growth of 27 percent during the aforesaid time period. However, the notebooks went far ahead by recording the growth of 90 percent during the same period. In total, nearly 0.66 million units of netbooks and notebooks were sold in the computer stores in the country.
The branded desktop units sold in this quarter of 2009 accounted 65 percent of the total share. Out of this, 52 percent of the branded desktops were those manufactured by the multinational brands and only 13 percent belonged to the Indian manufacturers. The remaining 35 percent of the share was dominated by the assembled desktops. The growth is no different for other segments of the computer hardware industry, as printers and storage hardware too enjoyed an increase in their sales. Laser printers enjoyed the growth of 70 percent while the remaining 30 percent was shared by the inkjet printers and dot matrix printer.
As for the current year, the expectations of the computer hardware business owners are quite high. It is expected that the annual growth of about 7 percent should be recorded by the total sale of personal computers in the current fiscal year. In terms of actual sales, the figure for total number of personal computers to be sold is expected to cross the mark of 7 million.
So, you must consider it a good opportunity to have a computer hardware business in one of the cities of India. However, make sure that you analyze the level of competition already existing in the area’s market.
Author has wide knowledge of B2B Marketplace and Business industries. For latest updates and business opportunities on computer hardware and electronic products, visit online business directory Dir.indiaMART.com